Registration Update! The registration deadline has been extended to February 1st, 2012. Its not too late! Register now!
SOLO HEAT is back to burn the floor by popular demand after a fabulous debut in 2011! Join us at the magnificent and new Burlington Performing Arts Centre (Burlington, ON) Saturday March 17th for a day of dance and discovery. Guest judges Linda Garneau, Tiffany McLachlan and Cara Volchoff share their passion for dance and critique in an intimate, stage setting and gage the temperature on your hot new solo!
Our morning session begins with a continental breakfast for all dancers, teachers and parents. Following breakfast, we begin the Junior Solo presentations, alongside the Teen workshop classes with special guest choreographers to be announced closer to the event.
After lunch, Fever welcomes everyone back for the Teen Solo presentations while the Juniors tear up the floor in their workshop classes.
Each dancer will have the opportunity to showcase one routine prepared for the 2012 comp season and receive an on-stage review from each of our panellists (just like they do it on TV!). After all performers have hit the stage, the judges will deliberate and award the ‘Solo Heat’ titles, Scholarships and Fever prize packs!
* Booking is accepted on a first come first serve basis, and is confirmed once fees are paid. Fees are non-refundable. Please contact us for payment options.
Please contact us or review these links to register or for more information:
Burlington Performing Arts Centre
440 Locust Street, Burlington, ON
As we head into our 6th season, we are feeding the Fever with more prizing, new rules, new awards and bigger opportunities than ever before.
We have added beautiful new venues and a few cities to our 2013 regional tour! Check our home page often for updates or additions to our 2013 line-up!
In ongoing efforts to improve Fever events, we have listened to your comments and feedback and made several changes to our rules and other areas of the competition for 2013. Adjustments made to rules consist of :
1. Average Age Division Change: We no longer require routines to be round up at a .5 and up age average.
2. **New** Pas de Deux/ trios ballet category
3. **New** Scoring System: Judging will be based on 2 categories, Performance 40-points, Technique/ Execution 60-points. Ties will continue to be broken by the Technique/ Execution score.
4. Time guideline change: Extended Lines are now only a time extension category which has been changed to 4- 6 minutes. Productions have been changed to 8- 10 minutes.
5. Dance off Age division Change: Junior Dance off (10 and under), Intermediate Dance Off (11-14), Senior dance Off (15 and up)
Please see Rules and Regulations for more details!
Dancers will be given 2 mins to listen to piece of music selected by the competition. After which, each student will return to the stage one at a time and perform their 30 second improvisational solo. Junior, Intermediate, and Senior categories available to be placed at award sessions. LIVE “So You Think You Can Dance” STYLE CRITIQUE FROM ADJUDICATORS!!
USB Music System
Our USB music system is back! Although it has the same features we offered in the past, we upgraded the system and it is bigger and better than before. Make preparation for competition easy! Contact us for details!
Check back often to your competition page for more exciting details!